Monday, February 20, 2006

Company's coming

I've got a very obtainable goal, but I think I'm going to need some accountability to keep on track.

My husband's dad and stepmom are coming to visit at the end of March. They live in Michigan, so they haven't been out to see our house since we bought it over a year ago. Now, each room in my house could be considered company-ready, but not in-law ready! So my goal over the next month (starting today) is to do each of Kelly's missions, plus 15 minutes in the current zone each weekday. (This was my first FlyLady babystep for myself when I started, before getting routines in place. I learned the power of 15 minutes and made a huge difference in my house.) By the time I've been through each zone, it will be St. Patrick's day, and I'll have two weeks of easy maintenance and touch-ups before company arrives on the 31st. This will work much better than a crash-and-burn stash-and-dash on the 30th!

So, how can I make this a game so my "inner brat" will want to play?

I named my inner brat Brianne because my youngest brother's name is Brian, and when we were kids, he was definitely the biggest brat I knew! See http://thebratfactor.com to see what I mean about inner brats.

No comments: