Thursday, February 23, 2006

Day three results

In response to a question someone asked me, I definitely think housework done randomly still blesses your family! On Tuesday my 15 minutes kind of went that way. Our neighbor came over after dinner to play video games with my husband, so in order to be sort of social, but still productive, I did random cleaning downstairs mixed in with socializing. (There was nothing under my bed, so Kelly's mission was done!) I made a big dent in my dining room this way.

Yesterday was the closet mission. I have an old house with small, poorly-designed closets. My shoes aren't in my closet (I don't have that many) so I looked at the hanging clothes. I don't have that many clothes that I hang up (wrinkle-resistant clothes + dresser drawers), but still my poor closet was too full. I was thinking the other day that I don't remember the last time I wore something out of my closet. So I went through it, and sure enough, when I was done I had a pile of nice clothes (that are too big for me now) to go to Goodwill, another pile that belonged with the Halloween costumes, a couple things that just went in the trash, and my closet was left with one dress that fits me and some of DH's dress-shirts and pants. He doesn't wear dress clothes other than at weddings and funerals, but he didn't remember what size fit him, so that will be another day.

In the process, I found a bandana that I almost forgot I had. I bought it on a trip to the sand dunes in Michigan last summer, but I was thinking it would be nice to have under my motorcycle helmet this summer. Treasure!

So it's going well so far. And I've been rewarding my inner brat by reading before bed, but I set the timer first!

No comments: